Furnaces can indeed last a long time when maintained properly. But even the most well-maintained system will eventually need repair or replacement. It’s important to be on the lookout for warning signs that your furnace needs attention. Here are 10 common signs that it’s time to call for furnace repair in Rochester, MN.
1) Your Furnace is Making Unusual Noises: If you notice unusual noises coming from your furnace – including loud rattling or banging sounds – this could indicate a problem with various components of the system, such as loose parts or worn bearings.
2) Your System is Cycling On and Off Repeatedly: If your furnace is turning on and off repeatedly, it could be a sign that the system needs repair. This can be caused by a variety of issues, such as clogged air filters or faulty components.
3) You Notice Fevered Temperatures Around Your Furnace: If you notice that the area around your furnace – including walls and nearby furniture – is uncomfortably warm to the touch, this could indicate an inefficient system. It’s best to have an HVAC contractor inspect your furnace for any potential problems.
4) Unusual Odors are Coming from Your System: Strange odors coming from your furnace could indicate a problem with the system itself or something else in your home. Bad electrical wiring, gas leaks and carbon monoxide poisoning are all potential causes.
5) Your Furnace Won’t Turn On: If your furnace won’t turn on at all, this could be a sign of an issue with the thermostat or ignition system. Faulty wiring, a clogged filter or a faulty control board could all be to blame.
6) You’re Experiencing Higher Energy Bills: A furnace that is not operating efficiently can cause your energy bills to skyrocket. This issue should be addressed sooner rather than later for your family’s safety and financial well-being.
7) There Are Visible Signs of Corrosion: If you notice visible signs of corrosion around your furnace, this could indicate a refrigerant leak or another serious problem. An HVAC professional should inspect your system to identify the source of the issue.
8) You Notice Excessive Dust Around Your Home: If you’ve noticed an increase in the dust around your home, it could indicate that your furnace is not working efficiently or needs repair. When you schedule furnace repair in Rochester, MN, you can get to the bottom of this issue.
9) You Notice Uneven Heating Around Your Home: Uneven heating throughout your home could indicate a problem with the air distribution system.
10) The Pilot Light is Flickering or Won’t Stay Lit: If the pilot light on your furnace is flickering or won’t stay lit, it’s an indication that something is wrong. This could be caused by a faulty thermocouple, gas leak or other issues.
If you’re experiencing any of these 10 signs of furnace trouble in Rochester, MN, it’s important to address the issue quickly. Call an experienced HVAC contractor right away for professional assistance with your furnace repair needs. Don’t risk further damage to your system – take action now!
At Hawk’s Services, our team of certified HVAC technicians is ready to help you with all your furnace repair needs in Rochester, MN.