If you live in a cold climate and use your furnace to heat the home, then you must know when it is time to call for furnace repair in Rochester, MN. Here are 5 signs that indicate that its time:
- You notice rust coming out of vents or joints- If you notice rust coming out of vents or joints, this is a sign that there may be an issue with the furnace. By scheduling heating repair services in Rochester, MN, you can easily resolve the issue.
- Your equipment has been leaking fluid- If you see your unit leaking any type of oil or lubricant it’s time to call for boiler repair service in Rochester, MN as well. These fluids are vital in keeping parts moving and lubricated, meaning if they leak then something isn’t working correctly.
- The blower fan won’t spin freely – When you first turn on your heat system does the fan on your blower spin freely? Is it completely silent when running? If not then it’s time to call someone for repair because this could result in other components malfunctioning too which can lead to breakdowns and high energy bills all winter long.
- Your energy bills have been increasing dramatically – If you notice a significant increase in your utility bill from last year to this one, it’s time to call for service because the issue might be with your furnace system. You may even have to think about a new furnace installation in Rochester, MN if you are owning an old unit.
- There is mold or mildew growth inside of vents and on coils – Any growth indicates that there is an issue with airflow which could lead to other issues like clogging up lines, poor performance, or even carbon monoxide poisoning if left untreated.