Having a reliable and efficient furnace is key to having a comfortable home, no matter the outdoor temperature. But how do you know when it’s time to replace your furnace? If you’re experiencing cold rooms or spotting moisture near your vents, it could be an indication that your current system is nearing its lifespan. In this blog post, we’ll cover five warning signs that suggest you may need to schedule furnace replacement in Rochester, MN—and why investing in a new one now can save money and additional headaches down the road.
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old: Furnaces typically last between 10 and 15 years. If your system is older than that, it’s likely time to start considering a replacement. Not only will a new unit improve efficiency and comfort, but it can also help you avoid breakdowns—and the costly repairs that come with them.
- You notice an increase in energy bills: The most efficient furnaces on the market can offer up to 98% AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) ratings. If your current system doesn’t have such a high rating or you see changes in energy costs, chances are it’s time for a new one so you can realize long-term savings on your energy bills.
- You hear strange noises: Do you hear banging, squealing, or rattling coming from your furnace? If so, it could be a sign of an issue with the motor, blower fan, belt drive system, or gas valve—all of which require professional attention and may necessitate the replacement of the entire unit. If furnace tune-up in Rochester, MN isn’t resolving the issue, it might be time to consider furnace replacement.
- Your home is always cold: Depending on the age of your furnace and its efficiency rating, you may find that some rooms in your home remain too cool during the winter months. That’s because older systems don’t have sufficient BTU (British Thermal Unit) output to heat large areas evenly and efficiently. A new model will provide more consistent temperatures throughout your whole living area.
- You notice moisture near the vents: Have you noticed condensation around your furnace’s ductwork? This could indicate a problem with the heat exchanger, which is responsible for producing warm air. If this part breaks, it can leak carbon monoxide into your home—a dangerous health hazard that requires immediate attention.
If you’ve experienced any of the above indicators, contact a local HVAC company to discuss furnace replacement in Rochester, MN, and start enjoying energy savings and improved comfort levels all year round! With regular maintenance and occasional replacements when needed, you can extend the life of your system while ensuring that your family stays safe and comfortable all winter long.
At Hawk’s Services, we’re committed to helping you find the perfect replacement for your current furnace. Visit our website or give us a call today at 507-226-9950 to learn more about our services or furnace installation cost in Byron, MN.